Occasionally I make up a cocktail that works pretty well, and I want to remember it.
My attempt at a "girly" cocktail, created for a co-worker many years ago.
Shake with ice, strain into a cocktail (martini) glass. Garnish with a cherry.
- 1.5 oz kirschwasser (dry cherry brandy)
- 1 oz dark chocolate liqueur (originally Godiva Dark Chocolate liqueur, but I haven't seen that for sale lately)
- 0.5 oz red (sweet) vermouth
Nothing Like the Sun
Honestly, I mostly am proud of the name.
Shake with ice, strain into a cocktail (martini) glass. Garnish with a star anise.
- 2 oz gin
- 0.25 oz dry vermouth
- 0.25 oz Elisir du Dr. Roux
- 2 dashes orange bitters
Smith & Wesson
Every year, Grace makes a pecan pie for the holidays, and I have no idea what to do with the bitter, pecan-infused bourbon that's left over as a byproduct. This is the best I've come up with so far. Inspired by the Smith & Curran, and the Revolver cocktails, hence the name.
Shake with ice, strain into a cocktail (martini) glass. Garnish with a cutie twist.
- 2 oz bourbon (pecan-infused)
- 0.5 oz creme de cacao
- 2 dashes orange bitters
Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster
Ever since I got into cocktails, I wanted to make something for this. I'm incredibly proud of how it came out, as it's faithful to the description in the books, but still quite tasty. The core of the drink (Zubrowka vodka and Schweppes Bitter Lemon) is what makes it work. For best results, do the Qualactin Hypermint last (as adding the other ingredients will defeat the point of a float in the first place).
- Take the juice from one bottle of Ol' Janx Spirit. (2 oz Zubrowka vodka)
- Pour into it one measure of water from the seas of Santraginus V — Oh, that Santraginean seawater! Oh, those Santraginean fish! (4 oz Schweppes Bitter Lemon)
- Allow three cubes of Arcturan Mega-gin to melt into the mixture (it must be properly iced or the benzene is lost). (3 cubes frozen St. George’s Terroir Gin. Pack ice cube trays in dry ice, consider diluting the gin 1:1 with water for more solid cubes)
- Allow four litres of Fallian marsh gas to bubble through it, in memory of all those happy hikers who have died of pleasure in the Marshes of Fallia. ("Seawater" is already carbonated)
- Over the back of a silver spoon float a measure of Qualactin Hypermint extract, redolent of all the heady odours of the dark Qualactin Zones, subtle, sweet and mystic. (Float 0.25 oz Rumple Minze. Next time, consider mixing 1:1 with everclear to reduce the specific gravity)
- Drop in the tooth of an Algolian Suntiger. Watch it dissolve, spreading the fires of the Algolian Suns deep into the heart of the drink. (1 Angostura bitters-soaked sugar cube)
- Sprinkle Zamphuor. (Lavender)
- Add an olive.
- Drink... but... very carefully...
Well, until I come up with something better.
Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail (martini) glass. Garnish with a lemon twist (express the peel slightly before dropping into the drink).
- 2 oz Nolet's Gin
- 0.25 oz Noilly Prat dry vermouth